Acne on the face and body can disturb at any age. Despite the prevalence of this disease, few know that the effective treatment of acne, especially hormone, requires an integrated approach. Why does acne appear on the skin, what hormones can contribute to the development of acne, what foods can aggravate the manifestations of acne, and what do you need to know about the drugs for acne?
Hormones regulate many processes occurring in the human body because their balance is so important for maintaining health. However, with certain diseases or natural age changes, the hormonal background changes.
Acne is a disease affecting the pilosebaceous complex, which includes sebaceous glands connected to the hair follicles.
Hormonal acne can appear in women and men at any age. Most women face this problem after the age of 30.
- The drug can trigger the movement of the disease. Acne changes the location: in adolescents, hormonal pimples appear mainly on the forehead and nose, and in adults – on the chin and jaw line.
- The drug for women and men should be different. Male hormones androgens stimulate the production of fat (sebum) with sebaceous glands, which is one of the reasons for the appearance of acne.
- Too painful acne can indicate the hormonal cause of its appearance. In order to get rid of acne caused by hormones, topical drugs are not enough, which means that one habitual drug will not help. With this problem, you need to contact a dermatologist who, together with an endocrinologist and/or gynecologist, will select the necessary methods for treating acne.
To make an effective plan for acne treatment, it is necessary to pass tests to the level of hominids, especially if the appearance of acne is accompanied by other symptoms – a set of weight, intensive growth of unwanted hair.
- Birth control pills in some cases help balance hormones and get rid of acne. However, only a doctor prescribes such drugs. In some cases, acne can appear after the start or end of the oral contraceptive intake. In this case, it is necessary to consult with the attending physician and choose another type of medication.
- Some drugs that are designed to reduce blood pressure, also used for the treatment of acne, because it has an antiandrogenic effect.
- The drug must be supplemented with a diet. The use of certain foods, most often dairy and with a high glycemic index, can exacerbate the severity of acne.
- Taking anabolic steroids in parallel with the drug can cause the appearance of so-called bodybuilding acne.
Contrary to popular belief, inappropriate hygiene is not the cause of acne. Moreover, too frequent washing and intensive scrubbing can increase the severity of acne.
Acne can be transmitted by inheritance.
Stress itself does not lead to the appearance of acne, but it can exacerbate the manifestation of the problem.
- Treatment of acne, including the one caused by hormones, is a long process, taking about 10-12 months.